August 21, 2011

Californians vs. Floridians

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Last time I lived in USA I experienced the unhealthy part of USA. Now, that I live in California, I experience the health-conscious and active lifestyle.

I must say there is quite a difference between Florida and California. Here, you have Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Where I lived we had Walmart. I mean, Walmart is cheap and great, but you can't really get healthy choices there.

| Karen is trying to de-walmartify me, it's working | 


On every corner here you have a Thai restaurant or a Sushi place. Also, you have many other different choices I've never even heard about as I talked about in another blog; Ethiopian or Afghani food. In Orlando, I never saw one Thai place the time I lived there, and last year we only found one restaurant. There are MANY Wendy's, Denny's, Taco Bell, etc though..

Oh, and when Silje and I did our surfing-course in Australia, we practically ate 5 apples a day, they were the best apples I have tasted in my life. We LOVED these apples, but we could never find them anywhere but in Australia. but, HEY, look what Whole Foods got: 

| My New Zealand apples, yummmyyyy |


Furthermore, people are walking everywhere, skating, rollerblading, bicycling.. When my parents came to visit me in Orlando and wanted to take a walk from their hotel, the security guard shouted at them: "HEY, where are you going?!? People don't walk in Florida"

| A lot of people walking, bicycling, skating on the boardwalk | 


Don't get me wrong, the year in Florida was amazing and I had possibly the best year of my life. However, the California way of life definitely suits me better :D

1 comment:

  1. You should come back to Orlando again. We've had a Whole Foods now for years! In fact there are a couple. But yes I agree about TJ's. That store is amazing.

    ReplyDelete