August 20, 2011

American Brauts, Coors Light and Baseball

...........................................................................................................................................................................

On Thursday it was time for "family night", only the family is out of town. Their old babysitter, Bennett, now turned housesitter, invited us over for a real American night.. We watched some Padres baseball, drank the "sports beer" and had brauts.

| Bennett makin' food |


I had no idea what Brauts was.. It is kind of like a hot dog. However, there is one KEY difference. The hot dog isn't cooked in beer. Yuuup, you heard right. She cooked the sausages in beer! How awesome is that. First she grilled them, then she cooked them. They didn't taste like beer at all.. It was fun to try something new and real American and it really was just like a hot dog! haha..

Oh, and I forgot to about last time we were over there for a real American treat. Schmores. I have seen it on movies many times and heard a lot about it, so it was great to try it for the first time. It was very yummy!! :D


| Freshly toasted marshmallows out of the outside fireplace |


Anyone tried these American delicacies? hehe..

2 comments:

  1. Dette innlegget er nå på fremsiden av http://bloggermagasin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had brats (not brauts) many times, but I'm still not a huge fan. Coors Light is brewed right next to where I live in Colorado, so I've even been on a tour of their brewery. And I tried s'mores once, but they were way too sweet for me:P

    ReplyDelete