June 27, 2011

How to create a Levi's shorts

...........................................................................................................................................................................
As my last post showed, I get inspired by Ivy, so from the pictures of her I obviously need a denim shorts. As Cath in the City showed in her post; her friend had made her own Levi's shorts!
I thought I would save some money by doing the same with some good help from my mom :)

Here is what we did
 | Go to Fretex, a flea market or ask your mom or dad for an old pair of jeans |

 
| Measure up how short you want them |


| Better to make them too long at first and then cut more afterwards |


 
 | Create a line with a pen where you will cut |

 | Double-check the legs are the same length |



 | Cut em' off |


| They look like this |

| Pull out some threads to make it look worn |



 | A cooler look |

 
 | Since the trend right now is suuuper-short we cut them more |


| If you want to bleach them, take a piece of the jeans first to see how it will look | 





I wanted to keep mine the color they were. You could also rip some holes or cut holes if you want a more rock look. The next step is to wash them if you want the threads to show even more, or to fold the pants upwards.




| My new Levi's shorts without spending any of my Cali savings |

 
Have you done any alterations on clothes this summer?

2 comments:

  1. dette skal jeg helt klart prøve ut :) har en rekke gamle jeans som er for korte i beina, som jeg kan lage shorts ut av :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sandra Helen
    Ja, det er jo kjempesmart! Tror disse shortsene koster alt fra 300 kr og oppover på butikker rundt omkring! :D

    ReplyDelete