August 2, 2011

Californiacation part 1

...........................................................................................................................................................................

In my mission to become a true Californian I set out to try Stand-up paddle boarding. Doesn’t look to difficult, I thought. We had easy access to the boards since we live right on the beach :D


 | Pretty non-wavy water |


 | I could feel that I was using my arms and core a lot |


However, this was in a no wave water. When I went to Australia, my surf coach was surfing waves standing up on this kind of board. Now, THAT takes balance. I would stumble every time a small boat passed me. 


| SO, it wasn't just a piece of cake to get the hang of it |


I think I need to focus on the normal way of surfing before standing up in the waves.


Have you tried this kind of surfing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment