July 14, 2011

On the road to Oslo dreaming about The Hills

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Tomorrow is my appointment at the US embassy to get my visa, so I'm going to Oslo today. I'm on the bus watching bad reality tv and I came to think of  my all-time favourite reality show, The Hills.
I guess pretty much every girl in the world watched The Hills. We all loathed how Speidi and Jen Bunny treated Lauren. We all loved Whitney and wanted Lauren to be together with Brody.. aaaah.. good times. I must admit to following Lauren through the two seasons of Laguna Beach and all the seasons of the Hills. Being the same age as Lauren, it was kind of cool watching her "grow up" and making good and bad choices at the same time as me.

Without coming across as a total goof, I have to say I had many discussions with my friends on whether the show was real or not. Those of you who watched the final episode of The Hills probably got a bit of a shock seeing how they really filmed the show, at least I did. After reading Lauren's books I realized a lot of it was staged and re-filmed after it actually happened, but still what happened wasn't scripted and it WASN'T fake!! hehe..

Lauren is currently designing for a store called Kohl's and I can't wait to check it out when I get to Cali. I would like to buy this jumpsuit (called romper actually haha). There is no doubt the girl has style.




Anyway, I think I can say that I, as many others out there, see myself in Lauren and her drama in The Hills. I like her a lot and I was sad to see that her new reality show was not picked up by any networks. I guess it might have to do with the fact that her then boyfriend Kyle Howard didn't want to be on a reality show, so the show has to exclude a big part of her life. However, now that she is single, maybe she will start up a new fun show again ??! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment